Greetings!

Welcome to my page! Advice from a sarcastic Mama!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It's that time of year!

Christmas is the time of year where people seem to re-evaluate everything. Their lives, relationships, friendships and resolutions for the New Year. As Christmas day approaches, we are busy sending out Christmas cards to family and friends, preparing a list of things to cook for the big dinner, and wrapping last minute gifts to put under the tree. 

It's times like now, that I sit back and look at the world around me. Christmas used to be about what to get my parents for Christmas, weather to include my brothers and sisters in on the gift buying or simply let them fend for themselves. Now, I'm a Mother, and my main focus is my little girl. Sorry 'rents'. The past five years however, I have spent time away from my family because I'm a Military Spouse. I made the choice to be with my husband, despite it putting a lot of distant from my family and I. 

I worry about how my daughter is going to grow up by not being around family as often, will she be forgotten because we live so far away? Luckily I have been blessed with a wonderful family, and have to give some credit to the creator of FaceBook. Without that combination, I would be petrified of how life as a Military brat would be for my daughter. 

The other day I took Keira's (my daughter) Christmas pictures. While I am not a professional, I do think I can produce better quality than JCPenny's or Sears. Take a look for yourself. :) 


Isn't she precious? 

So, no matter what you are fretting over, scared for, or even stressing about, remember to have a Merry Christmas and look forward, not back. 


Merry Christmas, from my family to yours. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures and words in this blog! A good thing to remember during the holidays: relax and enjoy them! It's nice to have that reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete